STYLE Consultant Group personal shoppers shop shoes and handbags
The easiest way to update any look or transition from day to evening and season-to-season is to switch up your accessories!
Our personal shoppers love giving quick and easy tips for clients in between style sessions… to keep their looks fresh and innovative.
STYLE shoppers’ latest trend is carrying one bag – day to evening – especially when you’re traveling. One pick is Dessy.com’s Dupioni Clutch With Interchangeable Bow. www.dessy.com This small clutch pairs well with jeans if you’re out running errands… and transitions perfectly into an evening look for dinner and going out.
We love, love, love the feminine bow and the option to create your own color combo. STYLE Consultant Group’s favorite combo is the champagne clutch with brownie or black bow because is matches a variety of outfits and is timeless.
Next, STYLE Consultant Group personal shoppers want to give you a few suggested shoe rules while dressing your feet for fall and winter.
- It’s okay to mix up neutrals! Black goes with brown. Brown goes with navy. And navy goes with black! Plus, grey is really popular this season – especially darker, heather greys.
- Peep toe shoes – ok for fall but not for winter, unless it’s an evening (or dressy) shoe. But still, if it’s cold, cover your feet!
- Round toe and pointy toe – both are “in style” right now but make sure the pointy toe shoes aren’t too pointy or too 80s. Buy what’s in stores now instead of what you have packed away from several decades ago.
- When picking out shoes – especially tan and grey – don’t go too light. They’ll tend to look more for spring and will stand out with darker colored outfits. This is mostly true with flats, boots, and booties. Again, there are different shoe rules for dressing for evening and special occasion.
- We do suggest a pair of fun flats for the season… just to add a little jazz to your step. We like Forever 21’s Classic Ballet Flat in red!
And one last STYLE TIP, or STYLE DON’T actually, … from a recent trip to Washington, DC, don’t wear a puffy parka that’s for skiing or casual daytime cold weather with a dress and heels when going out at night. Purchase a proper coat for chic outfits.